In the Kitchen with Paula (38) and Chelsea (13)
PAULA: So you kissed your best friend Doug? Oh my God, my little girl is becoming a woman in front of me!
CHELSEA: Mom! You’re making me blush! It was just a peck on the cheek for walking home with me. I just felt more… safe and secure around him… ya know?
PAULA: I know the feeling, sweetheart. Being around your stepdad – mmm – it’s just the warmest, happiest and most comfortable feeling that I’ve experienced!
CHELSEA: So because we became female to hide from those bad guys, we’re now not happy unless there’s a cute guy to protect us? What’s happened to us?

CHELSEA: So will I grow up wanting to find a man like Daddy? I know it’s been weird watching you kiss him and act all cutesy. What about… sex, Mom? Will I…
PAULA: Chelsea, you’re in junior high and we have a lot more girl talks to come before we’re ready to have “the chat.” But to answer your question – yes, I am so looking forward to you going on group dates, the prom, and eventually, being a bride, and maybe even a mommy too. But for now, Mike will be here in 15 minutes, so let’s finish making dinner. Pass me the lettuce please.

Post a Comment